Apple ‘Far Out’ Event Highlights
Tech Giant Apple’s September event on Wednesday (Sep 7) unveiled its new series of smartwatches and new series of iPhones at the Cupertino company’s ‘Far Out’ launch event. As is often the case at this time, the main highlight of the event was the iPhone 14 series, but we have also seen: iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max, AirPods Pro 2, Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE 2, Apple Watch Ultra.
These are the Apple products that were launched at Apple’s ‘Far Out’ Event on Wednesday (September 7);
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Apple Watch Series 8
- Apple Watch SE 2
- Apple Watch Ultra
Apple iPhone 14 & iPhone 14 Plus
These are the main highlights of Apple’s iPhone 14 & iPhone 14 Plus which were announced at the ‘Far Out’ launch event.
- New 6.1-inch iPhone 14 and 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Plus
- Improved wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle lenses for better photos in low light.
- Available in Midnight, Starlight, Blue, Purple, and Red.
- Same notch as in iPhone 14, OLED display.
- A15 chip with 5-core GPU, same version as in iPhone 13 Pro models.
- Emergency SOS via Satellite: Call emergency services via satellite connection (the US only).
- Crash Detection: Car Accident Recognition.
- Price: The iPhone 14 starts at $799 and is available on Sept. 16. The iPhone 14 Plus starts at $899 and will be available on October 7. You can pre-order either beginning on Sept. 9.
iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone 14 Pro Max
These are the main highlights of Apple’s iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone 14 Pro Max which were announced at the ‘Far Out’ launch event.
- New Pro models: iPhone 14 Pro (6.1-inch) and iPhone 14 Pro Max (6.7-inch)
- Equipped with a new notch: Dynamic Island
- Dynamic Island adapts to the content and can show useful information
- Always-on mode for the display.
- New 48-megapixel camera.
- Improved wide angle, ultra wide-angle, and telephoto lens.
- New camera action mode for action-packed scenes.
- Existing Movie mode now also with 4K resolution.
- Emergency SOS via Satellite: Call emergency services via satellite connection (the US only)
- Crash Detection: Car Accident Recognition
- Price: The iPhone 14 Pro starts at $999, while the Pro Max starts at $1099. They’re available for pre-order on September 9 and will ship on Sept. 16.
Apple Watch Series 8
These are the main highlights of Apple’s Watch Series 8 smartwatch which was announced at the ‘Far Out’ launch event.
- Apple Watch Series 8 is the successor of Series 7.
- New temperature sensor, mainly intended for women to monitor their period and ovulation with renewed Cycle app.
- Familiar features, such as EKG, blood oxygen meter, and heart rate sensor
New crash detection: Apple Watch Series 8 recognizes if you’re involved in a car accident with a new motion sensor.
- 18 hours of battery life.
- New Energy Saving Mode: Up to 36 hours of battery life when fully charged.
- Features such as workouts and activities remain available.
- Power Saving Mode is available on Apple Watch Series 4 and later.
- Cellular models are also suitable for international data roaming.
- Price: Apple Watch Series 8 is priced at $399 for GPS and $499 for cellular. It’s available to order now and will ship on Sept 16.
Apple Watch SE 2
These are the main highlights of Apple’s Watch SE 2 smartwatch which was announced at the ‘Far Out’ launch event.
- New Edition of Apple Watch SE for 2022, in starlight, midnight, silver
- New design of the back.
- Same S8 chip, 20% faster than the current Apple Watch SE.
- Crash Detection Support.
- Compass with backtrack and renewed Compass app.
- Price: priced at $249 for GPS and $299 for cellular. It’s available to order now and will ship on Sept 16.
Apple Watch Ultra
These are the main highlights of the Apple Watch Ultra smartwatch which was announced at the ‘Far Out’ launch event.
- Brand new Apple Watch Ultra for endurance athletes.
- New design of titanium.
- Redesigned Digital Crown and Side Button, New Programmable Action Button.
- Two speakers, advanced GPS.
- 49mm format with a larger and flat screen.
- WR100 water resistance, with the new Depth app.
- 2000 nit screen.
- Only in the Cellular version.
- Exclusive straps and dials.
- Price: Priced at $799. Apple Watch Ultra will launch in stores and begin arriving to customers on September 23.
Apple AirPods Pro 2022
These are the main highlights of Apple’s Airpods Pro 2022 which was announced at the ‘Far Out’ launch event.
- New generation AirPods Pro 2.
- Same design: in-ear with rubber earplugs.
- New H2 chip with better sound quality.
- Improved noise reduction and adaptive transparency mode.
- Renewed charging case with built-in speaker and U1 chip for easier searches.
- The charging case can be charged via Lightning, wireless charger, MagSafe, and Apple Watch charger.
- Price: $249. Order on Sept. 9 for a Sept. 23 launch.