Is Gmail storage full? Here’s How to Easily Fix It
By default, Google will give 15 GB of storage for new users to use its apps which include Google Drive, Gmail, and Google photos. however, nowadays most of us are facing this issue in Gmail with “Gmail storage full”. If you are also the one who is facing this problem then this article is for you. Here in this article, I’ll show you some Quick tips to clean up your Gmail inbox to free up some space.
Today, almost everyone has a Gmail account to use Google services, and most of them are used as their main mailbox. However, you may not know that Google will allocate storage space “equally” to services like Drive, Gmail, and Photos. Therefore, if you don’t pay attention, your 15GB will quickly run out!
Before going this did you know exactly how much storage you’ve used till now for your Google apps and how much storage is left to upload files, save photos, and send and receive an email?
How to check Google storage usage
Here’s how to know exactly how much storage you’ve used till now for your Google apps and how much storage is left to upload files, save photos, and send and receive an email.
- Open your Google Chrome on your mobile or desktop/laptop.
- Now Go to https://one.google.com/storage.
- Here you’ll see your Google Storage details used for Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos as below;
- Now check which Google app uses more usage; Here for me as shown above, Gmail is only the app that used 10.64 GB of 15 GB.
- If you also have the same, then read the below Quick tips to clean up your Gmail inbox to free up some space.
Quick tips to clean up your Gmail inbox to free up some space
Here are the 6 Quick tips & tricks which helps you to clean up your Gmail inbox storage to free up some space;
- Filter large emails
- Filter emails that contain attachments
- Delete Spam Emails
- Delete promotional emails, and social networks on Gmail
- Filter out old emails
- Empty the Trash
#1) Filter Large emails
You may not know that Gmail has pretty good search operators hidden inside, and one of them is to “filter” emails with the attached size.
Specifically, if you want to find emails that are 5 MB in size, we will have the search under the search box as “size: 5MB ” (Without Syntax)
Now all the emails with sizes larger than 5 MB will be displayed, if you don’t want those emails just simply tick all the emails and delete them by doing this lot of Gmail space will be optimized.
#2) Filter emails that contain attachments
To filter out emails containing attachments, just use the syntax “has: attachment”. this will filter all the emails which contain attachments. Just check the emails and delete the unwanted emails from them. by doing this lot of Gmail space will be optimized.
#3) Delete Spam Emails
The Spam folder is a place for spam emails that Gmail automatically filters out for you. Over time, this folder can also contain hundreds of thousands of emails. Just open the Spam folder and delete all emails from it.
#4) Delete promotional emails, Social networks on Gmail
By default, the main interface of the inbox in Gmail will have 3 tabs, including Main, Social, and Promotion. In General, Social Networking and Advertising will mostly be unnecessary emails, emails that provide information for you only. So please delete all emails in these 2 items to empty the mailbox.
#5) Filter out old emails
By using good search operators search for very old emails by doing this;
- If you want to filter emails that are more than 1 year old, under the search bar just search for – older_than:1y
- If you want to filter emails that are older than 1 month old, under the search bar just search for older_than:1m
- If you want to filter emails that are older than 1 week old, under the search bar just search for older_than:1w
#6) Empty the Trash
All the Deleted emails will be moved to Trash by Gmail and will be automatically deleted data in the trash after 30 days, for the purpose of helping you restore when needed.
However, you should also immediately delete the data in the recycle bin to increase the storage capacity of Gmail.
So these are the Quick tips to clean up your Gmail inbox to free up some space and get rid of the Gmail Storage Full problem.