WhatsApp Poll Feature (Android & iOS)
WhatsApp launches a new in-chat ‘poll’ feature for both Android and iOS. WhatsApp users can now create a new ‘Poll’ directly for both group and individual chats. Update your WhatsApp application to see this new feature. This WhatsApp update was released through build number 22.214.171.124 for Android users. Through this update, users can create a new poll with up to 12 different options to choose from, WhatsApp will automatically update the poll when it receives a new vote and you can view the total polled votes under “Poll details”, also having the option to vote multiple options. This feature is yet not available on WhatsApp Web.
the WhatsApp Poll feature seems to be inspired by rivals Facebook Messenger and Telegram, as both have allowed users to create polls in chat rooms. However, it should be noted that the WhatsApp poll feature will be protected with end-to-end encryption.
How to Create a ‘Poll’ on WhatsApp
WhatsApp users can access this new Poll feature on both Android and iPhone. Here’s how it works.
- Step 1: Open any Chat or Group.
- Step 2: Select the “Poll” option.
- Step 3: Now a new “Create Poll” menu will be open, Strat Typing your Poll Question.
- Step 4: Now enter your Poll options (minimum 2 and maximum 12).
- Step 5: If you want to reorder the options, just press and hold the icon with three (iOS) or four (Android) dashes, on the right, dragging with your finger to the desired position.
- Step 6: Confirm by tapping Submit (iOS) or the paper airplane button (Android).
- Step 7: Now your WhatsApp Poll is created.
- Step 8: Now simply tap on any option to Poll.
- Step 9: After voting just Click on “View Votes” to see “Poll Details” of how many votes have polled for each option.
- Step 10: If you want to remove the Poll option just simply tap on your vote option and click on the other options.